Monday, December 05, 2005

I Just Met...

I love it when I've been able to see the heart of some one I've just met. We'll call he/she 'Jumpin Jack Flash' so I can keep the identity hush, hush.

Jumpin Jack Flash is some one I am thrilled to have met and to have spent some quality time with. It melted my heart just being in he/she's presence.

Oh the stories that were told, the laughter that was had, the passion of J.J. Flash's heart was enough to just want to be where Flash was taking us with the descriptions of the life. The details of the stories, the experiences and the cultural understanding was important and valid for me and the others to better understand what lies ahead for the future.

J.J. Flash is going through some personal stuff at this time and having to make some big decisions in life that could prove to be difficult, perhaps life changing. But no matter, I believe he/she is going to come out of it extremely blessed and healed.

I wouldn't say that J.J. Flash and I have the same political or spiritual take on things but he/she's heart was what was melting me to pieces. The vulnerability, the desire to make things right and the willingness to do what it takes to right the wrongs.

He/She did not tell me in full blown detail of the situation(s), and I didn't ask questions, realizing these were private and difficult issues facing he/she. I just listened and took what I could and prayed that jesus would just work in and through the situations.

I've not written to J.J. Flash since our last contact but I have been thinking about he/she and will send a letter and our Christmas card letting it be known.

It seems very few people are willing or able to be vulnerable and share with intensity without necessarily describing their situation. I'm not quite sure how to describe this exactly but to say that the heart seems like it pours forth naturally when it has found a level of comfort perhaps. And maybe that's what it was. J.J. Flash had found a comfort level with me and others that allowed for the heart to speak for he/she. Spoken words did not hold much weight in comparison to the vulnerability and the condition of the heart coming through to me and us.

When I think about it more, I think that is what I see in Michael too. And I know that is what I love about him. He can be vulnerable, intense, sensitive and not always share in words what his heart is feeling.

And I know that is what makes me attracted to a man. Not in terms of flirtatiousness or desire or looks. The heart was always my number one priority in looking for a husband. And I am truly blessed because he found me and we found each other.

Thank you, J.J. Flash for having just met you and allowing me to see your heart. It melted me to pieces. And how lucky I am to spend more time with you in the future.

May the lord bless you, keep you and shine his face upon you... Shalom.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Kim,

I'm glad you can appreciate the intensity and authenticity of JJ Flash. Sometimes those are the qualities of my own personality that I think other people shy away from. I can be way too much for some people to appreciate sometimes adn I've even tried to tame those parts of me. Of course, I could always be more graceful at times.. but that's another story.

Oh, Momma! said...

Grace,

Funny you should respond to this because your name came up in my thoughts, as I wrote this piece on JJ Flash.

I definitely see it in you and have admired you for that within me. As I see it, gracefully or not you need to continue to just be you and not worry about taming it for others.

You are beautiful, bold and quiet all at once and I just love that about you.

Just continue to be yourself...

Kim