Thursday, December 01, 2005

To Whom Do I Owe...

To whom do I owe my life to? What reason is there for my existence if there are parts of me out there embodied by others? Is there only just one of me? How could that be? And how is it that I can be a truly unique individual? It seems so impossible to me. It has always been said that we are our very own, unique individuals and there is no one else in this world like us. Now how can that be even remotely true? I mean unless you happen to be an identical twin, an exact replica of yourself.

Have you ever pondered the thought that there is NO ONE else like us? Somehow I've always figured the person(s) telling me was just trying to bullshit me and make me feel better and special. Heck, some days it worked but usually it bugged me, because I could never fathom that there not could be someone else like me out there. There just has to be with the billions upon billions of people out there...There has got to be some one pretty damn close in likeness to me. Perhaps not in looks per se, but certainly in personality and thought, talents, giftings and attitude.

But let's just say there is NO ONE else like me out there, then the world is a pretty lucky place. To have two or more of me would be pretty scary.

I know I very, very rarely get the 'have I met you before?' statement like my husband, Michael. But I guess that really isn't saying very much.

So, to whom do I owe my life to? Being a christian believer, the answer would be expected to be god, of course. And that could be one of my answers but it seems there is more to it than just god. The whole god/jesus/son/holy spirit thing is really quite confusing and over rated in my simplistic and humble opininion. But what's to expect when it is coming from a very human perspective. I don't think...god...would be offended by my saying that, but I'm really not sure. But jesus is the real principle behind what I believe and how I choose to live my life out. Jesus I believe was holy and was given a place in history that could never be repeated. So, perhaps I am a heretic for believing only in jesus' existence and not really understanding god and the holy spirit thing, but I think that is the beauty of choice. We are given a choice to question, try to understand and figure out this spiritual side of our lives that really has no tangible foundation other than the life of jesus. Unless you take in the consideration of other christians. Oh, but that just cannot do. They(we) can be just too full of ourselves to be taken seriously. No wonder christian is such a dirty word...And so many Christians wonder why...DUH!

I believe there is and never will be another jesus in the history of the world. But that doesn't mean there could not be another me out there, created just as unique as I supposably am. I'd say I'm not as unique as I would seflishly like to believe. None of us really are. But that's just me talking from the side of my mouth.

So, to whom do you owe your life to?

2 comments:

Grace said...

that's very deep Kim.

I owe my life to the healing force that gave me a miraculous second chance as a very sick infant.

I owe my life to my mother who (not only gave birth to me but) invested her life into mine and remained ruthlessly involved.

I owe my life to the God force who gave me yet a third chance at life when I was so desperately depressed at age 19.

And I agree with you... as unique as I am... we're all the same really.

;)

Oh, Momma! said...

Grace,

Thanks for sharing openly on this piece.
I really appreciated it.

So glad for the second chances of life that you were given, and thrilled I am a recipient of such a person as you, Grace.

Kim