Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Faces Of Children...















Aaahh, there is nothing like a face of a child to make my heart melt, put a smile on my face and lift my spirits.

I thank god for the life of children of all ages. I am in awe of them when I watch how they explore the world, explore their own environment, taste, see, squeal, talk, laugh, take for granted every little thing, learn, grow, and set out on their own.

The human life is truly a miracle. But even more so when we are able to observe the human progression from infant to old age. And better understand what makes us tick, how we are all impressionable at various ages, how we struggle for autonomy and then back to wanting support.

I love to hear the stories of people and where they came from, where did their choices take them, and how they felt at those various stages in life. I also love to hear their hearts when trying to make life decisions or strive to understand their process as they struggle to make life decisions. I am amazed how and what we all go through to make simple decision let alone huge, huge decisions. And what will then come from those decisions. I love to hear old stories of people's families, their grandparents, their parents, siblings and what they thought were the most interesting parts of their own lives. I think it is wonderful how every one has a story of their own. It is unique, it is definitely personal, and yet at some point is a treat to hear about.

I can not wait to see these amazing and beautiful kids in person and watch what god does with each of them in their lives.

Each smile makes me want to smother them with kisses, kindness and love.

These faces and so many more tug at my heart strings and help remind me what my purpose in life is. To help these children and many more have a better life by getting my hands dirty along side them.

I dream of children almost nightly. I dream about a life of goodness and prosperity for each and every child I have laid eyes on, and for those I have yet to see.

I pray often for a child or two or more to not give up on life, so they can know there is more to life than what they are experiencing.

The faces and lives of these children are priceless.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I agree. Children keep life real and worth while. I miss being an active part of my nieces and nephews lives! I'm coming home now... whaaaahhhh!

Oh, Momma! said...

We'd love for you to come home now... At least you have Miss Molly to help you enjoy one's childhood, though it's not your nieces and nephews. Sorry...

kim